Gluten & Dairy Free
Chicken & Vegetables Baked White Wine
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into medium sized pieces
- 2 medium potatoes or 1 large potato cut into cut into medium sized pieces
- 2 carrots cut into rounds
- 1 large red onion cut into wedges (not diced)
- ½ cup dry white wine (chicken broth can be used, but wine is MUCH better)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to desired taste
- 1 package of frozen french cut green beans (8 ounces). Another cut of green beans can be used.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Place chicken, potatoes, carrots and onion in an un-greased 2- 3 quart baking dish. *I always use a glass dish.
- Pour wine over the chicken and vegetables, add a bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. *Remember that potatoes absorb salt, so you may need to add a bit more at the end until it is seasoned to your liking.
- Cover with foil
- Bake for 1 hour.
- After an hour, gently stir the green beans into the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover, and continue to bake about 10 – 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is thoroughly cooked. (If using a thermometer, poultry is done at 165F- 170F according to the FDA).
Nutrients Per ¼ of Recipe (1 serving)
- About 180 Calories per serving (according to the book)
- 21 g Protein
- 22 g Carbs
- 1 g Fat
- 6 g Dietary Fiber