- 4 cups or 32 ounces of chickpeas, drained
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup lemon juice. (I prefer less)
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley and a small sprig for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil (or more for smoother texture)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the paprika, in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Finish with a few pinches of paprika and garnish with parsley.
Note: You may need to adjust the olive oil depending on the consistency that you are looking for. I am rather picky about texture. Sometimes I like a slightly thicker hummus, so I find that the measurements above work well for me. However, there are times when I want my hummus more spreadable, so I increase the oil and add a little bit of water until it is the consistency that I need.