Gluten & Dairy Free
Peanut Butter Bars and Cups!!!
These are great at parties and will make a perfect candy for fall and Halloween. The instructions from the original recipe are for peanut butter bars, but I also have made these into cups! Read below for instructions on how to do both! I also have a link below for easier printing.
Adapted from allrecipes.com: Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars II
- 1/4 Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (Make sure it is gluten free)
- 1 cup peanut butter (Make sure it is gluten free)
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter or margarine over low heat. Add sugars, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- For Bars, press into a 7x 10 inch pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and spread over the top. Cool.
- Cut the bars once they have set completely.
- For Cups:
- Place 24 mini-muffin cups in a mini muffin tray. This helps your cups maintain their shape. I also suggest that you use candy cups or sturdier muffin cups. Really thin cups do not hold up as well.
- Take a teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture and roll it into a ball. Do not use more, because there will not be room for the chocolate.
- Press the ball into the peanut butter cup.
- Using a spoon or a squeeze bottle, place enough chocolate in each cup until the peanut butter mixture is covered.
* You may also choose to swirl melted chocolate in the cups prior to adding the peanut butter ball. This makes your cups more like “Reeses.” To do this, melt chocolate and pour a about a half of a teaspoon into the cups. Swirl chocolate around until the entire inside of the cup is coated. Refrigerate until set. Then follow the directions above.
* I cut this recipe in half because 48 of these things is very dangerous!!!! However, if you are in need of a larger amount, double the recipe and it will be fine.
As always, have a wonderful gluten and dairy free day!!!!!